How to make a TeePee
I got super excited to make a teepee. When I was a kid, my twin and I always built blanket forts, and I started to notice that my babies love when you put the blanket over your head and theirs. So I thought my babies may be too young for a teepee since they are only 11 months but I was completely wrong! They absolutely LOVE it! They are playing in it as I am writing this. And now I am a firm believer that everyone NEEDS a teepee in their home. So here is what I did to make my teepee. I had to redo some things but it's a learning process. I got twine but next time I will probably get something a little more sturdy cause it broke where I had strung it between the bamboo two different times when I was spreading out the sticks. It still holds though, it's currently broken but I wrapped the twine around the whole thing enough that it still works.
Supplies:Queen or King size Flat Bed Sheet (with a fun pattern!) 4 Garden Sticks or Bamboo Sticks Power Drill w/ Drill Bit Cord/Rope or Twine (I used twine and it wasn't strong enough) Hot Glue Gun & Glue Sticks Safety Pins Scissors Christmas Lights Pillows & Blankets
Prices:King Size Bed Sheet $15 at Walmart (or go to a thrift store to get them cheaper) Bamboo Sticks $2.98 each at Lowes Twine was about $3.00 at Lowes Hot Glue Gun $3 at Walmart Glue Sticks $1.50 at Walmart
- Drill a hole 10" from the top of your garden or bamboo stick.
- Thread the cord through each hole and then tie in a know. Proceed to wrap the cord around all 4 sticks together to make it extra sturdy, then tie it off again.
- Drape the bed sheet over the sticks while they are standing straight up and have the center of the bed sheet at the top of the sticks.
- Make a small cut into the bed sheet when it is over the sticks, not too big, just large enough to fit over the sticks.
- Spread out your sticks so they are evenly spaced making a square shape for the teepee.
- Have each corner of the bed sheet line up with a stick. Then on the 2 back sticks wrap the sheet underneath and make the bed sheet as tight as possible, then secure it with a safety pin.
- Take your hot glue gun and hot glue the sheet to the stick by running the glue down the stick starting at the top.
- Then do the same for the 2 front sticks. You will have extra bed sheets on the side of the teepee.
- Once you are done glueing the front sticks then you will fold back/overlap the extra sheet securing with safety pins toward the back of the teepee. Make it so that all walls are as tight as possible.
- The Door: In the front of the teepee find the center of the fabric between each stick, start at the bottom of the fabric and make a slit that goes up 2/3 of the teepee.
- Decorate with Christmas lights, banner, pillows and blankets.